2021 will be remembered as yet another unprecedented year for all of us.
Professionally and personally, everyone has had to continue to adapt to changes. Notwithstanding all of this, Intelligent Buildings has played a part in helping the industry establish the new normal while also achieving some important milestones.
Several of our executives were appointed to industry positions recognizing our continuing thought leadership.
- Tom Shircliff has been named Co-Chair of the Counselors of Real Estate External Affairs committee, that creates the well-known “Top Ten Trends Affecting Commercial Real Estate.”
- Fred Gordy continues to drive the cybersecurity issue in the industry through considerable volunteer efforts building a Cybersecurity Framework with BuildingCybersecurity.org, as well as being quoted in the Wall Street Journal article “Why Hackers Love Smart Buildings”
- Rob Murchison has been recognized for his leadership role with the APPA Higher Education Facilities Professional Affairs Committee.
We are excited about our growth coming out of the pandemic, with…
- Double-digit increase in headcount (and continuing to hire at https://www.intelligentbuildings.com/careers/)
- Thousands of cybersecurity site assessments and expansion of our managed services along with new projects in New York, Chicago, Singapore, Toronto, Atlanta, Seattle, and others.
- Our work this year spanning corporate, commercial, higher-ed, healthcare, and technology
Additionally, we would like to congratulate a customer and friend Chip Pierpont upon his recent retirement for a highly impactful career with the General Services Administration (GSA).
Under Chip’s leadership, the GSALink program (the GSA’s national fault detection and diagnostics platform) has taken in 89-billion-point samples, with a $73 million total estimated cost impact in FY2021 alone, along with an industry-leading OT cybersecurity regiment.
Several other Intelligent Buildings customers and industry friends won awards at the 2021 Realcomm | IBcon conference
- Ilan Zachar of Carr Properties and Clayton Ulrich of Hines, who received digital impact awards
- Marc Petock, who received a lifetime achievement award.
We would like to congratulate them and express our gratitude for the long-standing relationship we share and their role in the smart building industry.
From all of us at Intelligent Buildings, we look forward to a safe and exciting year ahead and wish our customers and partners all the best in 2022.